Mayan ruins. Rainforest adventures. Some of the best deep sea fishing and scuba diving in the world. If you're the outdoorsy type, you'll find yourself coming back to Central America again and again.
For those seeking terrestrial treks, the Mayan ruins near Tikal, Guatemala (via Guatemala City) will hold a special fascination. Wet and wild types will thrill to whitewater rafting on Costa Rica's Pacuare River (via San Jose) and diving Belize's Ambergris Caye, the second largest coral reef system in the world. For the slightly less adventurous, the sea turtle haven in Tortugero, Costa Rica's sea turtle haven (also via San Jose) and Ecuador's Galapagos Islands (via Quito or Guayaquil) offer glimpses of rare creatures not to be found elsewhere.
Still trying to find the right destination for you? Keep reading below to find the most popular destinations in Central America. Search FareCompare and let your adventure begin.
Editor's Note: If traveling from the United States, please check the U.S. Department of State website (or the appropriate resource for your home country) for the travel status of your destination as well as travel advisories at the CDC prior to booking travel.
Popular flights to Central America
- From San Jose, Costa Rica to Panama City, Panama$286RT 9/22 - 9/25
- From Miami, Florida to San Salvador, El Salvador$301RT 10/17 - 10/26
- From Medford, Oregon to San Jose, Costa Rica$334RT 10/28 - 11/10
- From Panama City, Panama to Belize City$708RT 9/15 - 9/29
- From Monterrey, Mexico to Guatemala City$733RT 9/20 - 9/21
- From Managua to San Pedro Sula$1,258RT 9/17 - 9/24