- Account Profile
- Language & Currencyen - $ USD
- Recent Searches
- My Trips
- Log In
Cheap Flights To San Jose, CR
Best Deals to San Jose, Costa Rica Last modified: May 23, 2023 3:24 -04:00
We've scanned 0 round trip itineraries and found the cheapest flights to San Jose, Costa Rica. JetBlue & Spirit frequently offer the best deals to San Jose, Costa Rica flights, or select your preferred carrier below to see the cheapest days to fly.
Cheap flights to San José
Visit San José
Chances are San José wasn’t one of your wish-list destinations when you started planning your Costa Rica trip. It’s true that Chepe, as the city is referred to by locals, doesn’t make a good first impression with its honking traffic and unremarkable concrete buildings. However, this unassuming city has a lot of hidden charms worth discovering.
With a thriving arts community, unique museums, beautiful parks, and great restaurants, the capital city of Costa Rica is worth a visit.
Attractions in San José
The National Theater – the National Theater is San José’s most revered building. Constructed in 1897, the building’s architecture and décor feature a mishmash of French and Italian designs. The theatre houses paintings that depict various facets of the 19th-century life. It also hosts all kinds of events including opera, dance, classical concerts, and stage plays.
The National Museum - formerly a medieval fortress, this museum is a tribute to the San José’s rich culture and history. Its lobby and auditorium are lined with pre-Columbian artifacts like pottery remnants, carved sculptures, stone spheres, and jewelery made from gold and jade.
The Children’s Museum – housed in a toy town castle that’s a medieval prison, this interactive museum has rooms where kids can explore a miniature Buenos Aires. Complete with a TV station, a newsroom, a hospital, and a post office, all rooms run around replicas of the capital’s landmarks. The museum also houses 40 exhibits that educate children about outer space, history, science, ecology, and music.
Braulio Carrillo National Park - this 117,300-acre park is a nice place to relax and enjoy nature. It is home to more than 500 species of birds and 150 species of mammals. The park has several hiking trails that lead to the Irazú Volcano, Sarapiquí River, trams, restaurants, shops, villages, and farms.
Shopping and Restaurants
Dining - The city has a distinct culinary landscape that reflects its diverse population. Visitors who want to have a taste of the local bites can head to Barrio Escalante. Formerly a residential enclave, the streets of this neighbourhood are packed with cafes, coffee shops, bakeries, restaurants, and bars.
Shopping - The Costa Rica capital is full of fashionistas. In addition to the Costa Rican fashion, the city’s shopping scene has shopping centres, boutiques, and outlet stores that stock a range of designer apparel, shoes, accessories, and beauty products.
The best way to explore the city’s best spots is on foot. Most of San José’s top attractions are located in downtown San Jose, making it easy to explore without raking up taxi fares and parking fees.
Flights to San José
Finding flights to San José has never been easy. With flight comparison sites, travellers can easily search flights to Juan Santamaría International Airport from a range of airlines and travel agents.
More information on San José
govisitcostarica.com – this comprehensive destination website for Costa Rica has information on hotels, arts and entertainment, dining and nightlife, sports, and events.
visitcostarica.com - this website also offers event calendars and up-to-date information on the city’s neighbourhood.
ict.go.cr - with this website, both locals and visitors can easily find information about the wide variety of services and programs that San José offers.
Airports near San Jose, Costa Rica
Cheap International Flights to San Jose - SJO
- New York City to San Jose, Costa Rica26-May to 28-May
- London, United Kingdom to San Jose, Costa Rica6-Sep to 13-Sep
- Los Angeles, California to San Jose, Costa Rica11-May to 12-May
- Atlanta to San Jose, Costa Rica4-Jun to 8-Jun
- Dallas to San Jose, Costa Rica31-May to 5-Jun
- Houston to San Jose, Costa Rica23-Aug to 28-Aug
- Miami, Florida to San Jose, Costa Rica29-May to 2-Jun
- San Francisco to San Jose, Costa Rica13-Aug to 21-Aug
- Paris, France to San Jose, Costa Rica13-Jun to 20-Jun
- Frankfurt to San Jose, Costa Rica25-Aug to 13-Sep
- Orlando to San Jose, Costa Rica23-May to 27-May
- Toronto to San Jose, Costa Rica11-May to 18-May
- Amsterdam to San Jose, Costa Rica22-May to 7-Jun
- Washington, District of Columbia to San Jose, Costa Rica1-Jun to 7-Jun
- Phoenix to San Jose, Costa Rica21-Aug to 28-Aug
- Chicago to San Jose, Costa Rica18-May to 22-May
- Denver to San Jose, Costa Rica17-Aug to 21-Aug
- Madrid to San Jose, Costa Rica13-May to 27-May
- Newark to San Jose, Costa Rica2-Oct to 6-Oct
- Seattle to San Jose, Costa Rica16-May to 3-Jun
- Fort Lauderdale to San Jose, Costa Rica16-May to 17-May
- Boston to San Jose, Costa Rica23-May to 30-May
- Minneapolis to San Jose, Costa Rica2-Aug to 16-Aug
- Philadelphia to San Jose, Costa Rica23-May to 25-May
- Mexico City to San Jose, Costa Rica16-May to 23-May
Cheap Flights from San Jose, Costa Rica (SJO)
Looking for somewhere to go? Start here.
Popular flights to San Jose, Costa Rica
- From Denver to San Jose, Costa Rica$341RT 7/2 - 7/7
- From Boston to San Jose, Costa Rica$356RT 6/4 - 6/8
- From Toronto to San Jose, Costa Rica$492RT 6/1 - 6/6
- From Seattle to San Jose, Costa Rica$620RT 5/28 - 6/10
- From Madrid to San Jose, Costa Rica$738RT 6/1 - 6/8
- From Amsterdam to San Jose, Costa Rica$891RT 6/20 - 7/7
Top Regional Destinations
Other places to consider
- Panama City, Panama11-Jun to 17-Jun
- Guatemala City12-Jun to 16-Jun
- San Salvador, El Salvador23-May to 24-May
- Belize City
- San Pedro Sula
- Tegucigalpa23-May to 25-May
- La Ceiba
- Puerto Jimenez
Cheap International Flights from San Jose - SJO
- San Jose, Costa Rica to Atlanta25-May to 11-Jun
- San Jose, Costa Rica to Miami, Florida26-May to 29-May
- San Jose, Costa Rica to Los Angeles, California24-May to 31-May
- San Jose, Costa Rica to Orlando18-May to 20-May
- San Jose, Costa Rica to London, United Kingdom11-May to 19-May